Spend the day biking the scenic back roads of Gloucester County! On the Century Ride you will travel by the Piankatank, York, Severn and Ware before returning to the Piankatank, four of Virginia’s beautiful waterways on one ride. The Half Century Ride will begin at the Piankatank, stop by Beaverdam Park then on to the York River before returning to the Piankatank. The 25 Mile Course will feature the Piankatank River and Beaverdam. All rides begin and end at Thousand Trails RV Resort.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Saturday, October 8, 2011
- Registration begins at 7 am, Century Ride begins at 7:30, Half Century and 25 Mile Rides begin at 8:30
- Click for registration info and to register online!
SAVE THE DRAGON
To bring awareness of the importance of the Dragon Run Watershed, “Dragon Run Day” is held each year. This festival celebrates the natural, cultural and historical heritage of the Dragon Run and is held at Thousand Trails from 10 am to 3 pm. There will be fun for the whole family including bands, booths, food and demonstrations. To find out more about the Dragon Run Watershed, visit their website.
- Early Bird discount, register by September 15 for $40/rider. Registration includes lunch and rest stop snacks. Beginning September 16 registration is $50/rider. Forms will be posted on this site, download a form and mail it in or stop by Parks, Recreation and Tourism, 6467 Main Street, Gloucester, VA 23061 to register.
- And, if you need a place to stay there are cabins and tent camping available at Thousand Trails RV Resort.
- All the proceeds will benefit the development of bike trails in Gloucester County. So come RIDE THE DRAGON and help to build bike trails!